So, how did you make your Momma feel special this Mother’s Day?
I did so, by making her an indulgent euphoric blend of chocolate stuffed sinfully inside a Jar! As you all know, I am not a PRO at cooking. But I somehow managed the Chocolate Mousse. The Recipe goes like this!
1) Firstly get your ingredients in place. Chocolate Mousse is something you can store for long. So, doesn’t matter if you make loads of it and fill it up in your refrigerator. Also, if you are generous enough, you can share the same with other members of your family and your friends!
Okay, now you just need three things with you!
All of these are locally available.
2) Empty the dark chocolate compound and the fresh cream into a container and melt the chocolate in the Microwave. (4- 4.5 mins for 500g of chocolates). Those doing it on the gas would take longer. Keep stirring and mixing as the melting takes place for better results.
3) In the meanwhile you can take another container and add 100 ml water to it and pour in the whipped cream powder into it. Then whisk it thoroughly till you see the firm peaks formed. If you’re using an electric blender then whisk for about 3 minutes. If you’re doing it manually then do so for 6 minutes.
4) Now, mix the two mixtures. You have the molten dark chocolate, fresh cream and the whipped cream all together and whisk the same with a spatula. (Preferably use a silicon spatula which will enable you to stick out even the most gooey and sticky chocolates off your container!)
If you pour this liquid into some broiling milk you will be blessed with some ‘over the moon’ Hot Chocolate!
5) Anyway, now all you have to do is set the mixture in a nice jar and leave it in the refrigerator. I left it overnight so that it attains the viscous texture.
6) In the morning, the Chocolate Mousse is just a ‘delicate stir’ away from being presented to all those eagerly waiting to tuck themselves into it. The light stirring on the top will let it look like a glop of creamy dressing when the Jar is opened.
I am sure this is not too much of hard work! My Mum really loved it! The best part is, you really don’t have to care about the proportion of the ingredients. The Chocolate Compound itself is of 500g, The Fresh Cream also comes in a 190 ml pack and I bought 2 packs of 45 g whipped cream. So, all of it is filled in the jar!
Hope you enjoy making this one and eating it as well. You don’t really need to wait for an occasion like Mother’s Day for this recipe! Just give it a try and let your Mum know that you love her to the moon and back!:)
HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!